Supporting FreeBSD

I've been using FreeBSD in production environments since early 2000, and I continue to rely on it at home and at work. Even though I could download the operating system for free, I still subscribe through FreeBSDMall.com to support the project.

However, I seem to ask for public support for FreeBSD every two years, with my call for Helping the FreeBSD Foundation Retain Non-profit Status in 2004 and Supporting FreeBSD Security Coding in 2006. Today I read FreeBSD Foundation End-of-Year Fund Raising Drive Update.

The FreeBSD Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to supporting and building the FreeBSD Project and community worldwide. You can see all the good work they are doing on their Web site.

The Foundation set a $300,000 goal for 2008 fundraising, and it's 2/3 of the way there. I just donated $100. Will anyone else donate? Please let me know here. I thank you and the project thanks you.



Richard Bejtlich is teaching new classes in DC and Europe in 2009. Register by 1 Jan and 1 Feb, respectively, for the best rates.

Comments

James said…
FreeBSD was the first UNIX type operating system I used early on in my career at an ISP (I think it was 4.8). Over the last several years I have had to manage various systems GNU/LINIX, Solaris, AIX, etc. I must say I still find FreeBSD the most stable and easy to update and manage. The ports system rocks and is still way better than most other package managment utilities.
Sevan Muradian said…
Richard - sorry to post this here.

Can you please contact me at sevanmuradian at gmail dot com

Forensics stuff and the book you co-wrote.
Joe said…
I plan to donate like last time. Thanks for the reminder. Maybe it will help get 7.1 out the door, which is now 2 months overdue.

Popular posts from this blog

Zeek in Action Videos

New Book! The Best of TaoSecurity Blog, Volume 4

MITRE ATT&CK Tactics Are Not Tactics